Saturday 10 December 2011

5 Features Missing From MW3 Multiplayer That Should Have Been Kept



Before we get in to the nitty-gritty, I want to point out that in no way am I bashing MW3, in fact quite the opposite. I love MW3, like actually love it. I bought the Hardened Edition, I have the posters, heck I even ordered the t-shirt and wallet from Play. That being said, it is by no means perfect. There is a few things from previous Call of Duty games that I would have liked to have been kept or maybe brought back via updates. In no particular order here is my Top 5 Things Missing for MW3 Multiplayer.



5. Ak74U

This gun, has split the CoD community like no other (honourably mentions to the UMP 45 and Model 1887 Shotguns). In Black Ops it was an absolute beast, an above-average player could get upwards of 30 kills in a game of TDM using it, it was, to use a CoD moniker, "OP". After the Black Ops update that nerfed most of the weapons ( AK74U, FAMAS, etc), the gun seemed to lose a bit of its charm, this is when I started to use it. And I loved it. My character was mobile enough with it, it was quick to draw, it was a good gun. I see no reason not to include it in the MP for MW3. After all it was in the single player campaign.



4. Game - Ending Nuke

I know I will get a lot of flak for this but hear me out. When I played MW2, I wasn't a camper and I never used any of the broken game mechanics, such as the One Man Army perk or Commando knife lunging while sprinting at 3 times the speed of everyone else. I just played the game as was initially meant by Infinity Ward. In my entire 2 years of playing MW2, I only ever achieved the Nuke twice. I would get 25 kills here and there but never had the nuke selected as a kill streak. There was a certain thrill of getting the nuke that feels missing from Black Ops and MW3. I know of the M.O.A.B but I think in time that will end up on the same pile of hatred as the nuke. And with all the anti-camping and anti-air point streak perks surely getting a nuke would be that little bit more satisfying in MW3?



3. Customized Emblems

This feature was the one that consumed the most of my time on Black Ops. I would see logos and pictures in everyday life and think to myself "I could turn that into a BlOps emblem..". I was unhappy to learn that IW had dropped this from MW3, and went back to their own emblems from MW2, albeit slightly changed. The emblem creator isn't a big deal, so maybe they could integrate with ELiTE somehow. I know it will mean a plethora of gentiles and gorillas fornicating with horses and all that nonsense but remember the first time you saw a Batman sign or the incredibly intricate Thundercats insignia? Yeah, me too.



2. Diving Prone

I can't tell you how many times I have tried to dive to prone in MW3 while going to cap a flag, it gave the BlOps an extra unique edge. An enemy could be capturing your flag and in the final seconds you would dive halting the process. It felt right. I've also lost count of the amount of times I dove out of a window to attempt a mid-air sniper shot only to crash to Earth in a bloody pulp, but that was part of the fun. And ultimately that's what we're after, is it not? A little bit of fun.



1. 3rd Person Team Tactical

I absolutely loved this game type. Initially MW2 shipped without it but after the first patch it was added without much fanfare. I don't think it got the hype and adulation it should have. And removing it from MW3 is a travesty. I know I could just play SOCOM but I prefer the mechanic of MW. Kill Confirmed is fast becoming my favourite game type but if IW patch 3rd Person in, I think KC will have to take a backseat.



Remember these are in no particular order, just a few of the things I miss from previous CoD's. Is there any I've missed? Or any you disagree with? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter, WGisAwesome85.

William

No comments:

Post a Comment